Friday, September 4, 2009

Potential Project - Time Lapse

Using my Canon PowerShot SD750 (a simple point and shoot digital camera), I discovered a "time lapse" feature. I can set the camera to record one frame every 1 or 2 seconds. VERY COOL. So now I'm experimenting with this feature. At one frame every 2 seconds, the resulting video will play a minute of real time in one second. If I record for an hour, playback will be one minute. I'm thinking of things that would be interesting at this time rate...

Three minute movie- (three hours of footage)

A clock?  No, too slow.
Flower blooming- still too slow.
Sun setting? Too slow unless other stuff is happening in the picture.
Traffic- Good.
Crowds of People? Also good.
People in general- should be good.

The trick would be to write a storyboard using several time lapse ideas and combining them in a meaningful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment