Thursday, September 17, 2009

Project 1: Time (proposal)

Here's what I have so far for the 'time' project...

I'm working on some time lapse footage, shooting with my Canon Powershot SD750. The resolution is set at 640x480. Frame rates are either 1 frame every 1 second, or 1 frame every 2 seconds.

I will also use my Canon HV30 high definition camcorder for some shots. I'll set the camcorder to standard DV 640x480, 30 frames per second.

The footage will be combined in Final Cut Pro. Shots with a green screen background will be superimposed on various shots from the time lapse footage and the standard footage.

The sound will be voiceover (and music), and some sound effects recorded separately.

Titles on a black frame will separate each sequence.



“TIME”

Script:

-(voice over)- 
Time passes slowly.
As I wait.
I count the seconds.

Time to get going.
Time speeds by.
It’s moving so fast.

Trying to keep up.
Stuck. Move on.
Time just gets away.

The secret of youth.
Forgotten.
Time is illusion.

Shot List:

Title - “Waiting”

Me staring into space, waiting.

Close of my fingers, thumping...

Close up of clock, ticking. Tic, tic...

Me staring into space, waiting.

Title - “Morning”

Close up of alarm going off.

Close up of me waking up.

Close up of putting on a shoe.

Me looking up, look toward the clock.

-(time lapse)- Medium shot, the clock moving fast.

Close up of putting on the other shoe, starting to tie it.

-(green screen)- Wide shot of me leaning out of the bottom of the frame to tie my shoe. My face is in the bottom of frame as I tie my shoe. 

-(background shots)- The wall behind me. -(dissolve to)...
-(background shots)- (time lapse)- Close up the clock, moving fast.

Title - “Going”

-(time lapse)- Extreme close up of the hands of the clock moving fast.

-(green screen)- (HANDHELD SHOT.) Wide shot of me looking up, face still at the bottom of frame. As I look around, I seem bewildered by what is going on around me as time speeds by in the background.

-(background shots)- (time lapse)- The view behind me as I get up, move through the hall and out the  front door, to the car, getting in the car...

-(time lapse)- (POV SHOT)- Time speeds by as we drive away.

-(green screen)- (HANDHELD SHOT.) Wide shot of me looking forward, face still at the bottom of frame. As I look around, driving the car, I am intently focussed and scared as time speeds by in the background.

-(background shots)- (time lapse)- View looking out the back of the car as I drive down the road.

Title - “Secret”

-(time lapse)- (POV SHOT)- Time speeds by as people move around the scene.

-(green screen)- Close up of me as I sit, stunned and slow.

-(background shots)- (time lapse)- View from the other direction as people move around in the background.

-(time lapse)- (POV SHOT)- Time speeds by as people move around the scene.

-(green screen)- Close up of me as I sit, girl approaches from behind and whispers something in my ear.

-(background shots)- The background freezes.

-(green screen)- Girl smiles as I open my eyes, aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment